(Check out the Finances Tab, upper right hand corner of this page, for an interesting option for your Christmas this year!)
In no particular order…
1. Going to the outdoor, Friday market with Nicoleta. She helped me buy and lug around heavy bags of butternut squash, apples, onions, garlic and bunches of freshly pulled out of the ground carrots!
2. The one morning and partial afternoon of sunshine! In fact, it was so warm that we ran outside to the park and didn’t even need our jackets on. It began raining, AGAIN, shortly after and has continued through “now.” Uggghhh. Rain. Uggghhh.
3. Succesfully making a 100% vegetarian meal for my team and not missing the meat! (We sign up to cook for the team and clean the team house once a week, every week.) It rocked to have been able to pull that one off!!
4. Making spinach brownies with Caleb and him telling me, after a taste test, “These are my most favorite ever Mommy!” Check out this website for more info : http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/site/
5. Wasn’t allowed at the orphanage this week due to an outbreak of chicken pox. I’ve already had it, as had the other girl I go with. But they still said no visitors this week. Although not going was NOT a highlight I did REALLY enjoy using the time with needs here in Marghita.
6. Video Skyping with my month old nephew, Dax, about every other day. I think he throughly enjoys our little chats! I do, that’s for sure.
7. Two times in particular this week Caleb and I really connected together in God’s presence. Awe. Reminds me that I need to continually see the great importance of fostering his spiritual growth, as much as God allows me to. I cannot wait to see how God matures this little one’s heart…sigh.
8. The parents meeting for Caleb’s kindergarten class. They wanted to buy a new DVD player. Why? So the kids can “relax” during their 3 hour class. Are you kidding me? Yes, of course I said something. Don’t worry – I was nice but definitely firm in sharing whyI thought the children didn’t need it. I’ve spoken with other Moms in town so me not okay with the DVD player isn’t a “foreigner” thing. I’m not here to create massive problems so I paid my portion for the new one. But I definitely was alone on my viewpoint amongst the other parents and his teachers! : )
9. I had water EVERY MORNING THIS WEEK! YAY! I didn’t have it for 10 days straight so I was really thankful this week.
10. My friend’s sons have raised $100 so far to help get the sibling group (5 of them ages 6-12) out of the state orphanage and into a foster home. How cool is that? I love that God is using these two boys in such a crazy way!
11. The sermon at church last Sunday, and this week’s, have really brought me face-to-face with some areas in which I’m struggling. How often He comes to where I’m at…